Saturday, October 13, 2007

The story.. Part 13

After that day, the conversations between us were very less.. One friday I was busy in the call the whole morning, did not have food till around 3. She came to my desk.. ordered me to go to the canteen and have food. I told her that I am not going to have that.. She just pulled me out to the canteen. As it was late afternoon and time for snacks yet, there was no one there. We sat on table, she got me a burger to eat. There was an uneasy silence. Finally, she spoke. She had got a mail from another manager that she had to go to Pune for a training and then to onsite directly from there for around an year. So she would be leaving on the saturday for home and then go to pune and will not be coming back to mangalore..I did not know how to react, told her that she should go on that day itself as she would then have more time to spend with her family. "I wont get reservation now" she said. "You can get a ticket in the unreserved coach, there is one for ladies only. Considering that you would be gone for quite some time now, guess you can take that much risk" I replied.
"But I will have to pack and all"
"Just put your things in the bags and go, you can pack once you reach there"
"Will you come to drop me?" she asked, not looking at me.
"I wont, I am very bad at saying byes" I realised the fact that I wont be seeing her again probably after today. I had a lump in my throat, could not talk more, finished my burger.
"So you put a request for your travel now and go home, I will collect the tickets for you""Okay", still not looking at me. I met her around 8 in front of the office. She had 2 big bags. We put the bags in an auto and went to the railway station. Could not leave her alone..

No comments: