Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Fawdis unsuccessful attempt

As the day of fawdis travel grew near, I became more and more restless, we were talking less now. She was travelling to Chicago on a Friday. Her parents were coming to drop her to the airport. I asked fawdi if I should meet her dad. She said, try your luck. I thought, it was better that I did not try any stunts. Her dad anyways knows about me. I helped fawdi get her documents. Get the laptop, secure ID. pack her bags. And was all set to say her the final good bye. But luck had something else in mind :)
Her parents arrived a day before her travel. She had all her bags packed. She asked her dad if I can have lunch with them. He said, its okay if he is coming only as a friend. I did not go (Now I think I should have gone). Her mom asked if I can come to the airport, as I was the only person she knew who had been onsite. I agreed. I went to her room to see whats going on. Her dad was not at home, nor were her roommates. I talked to her mom and assured her that everything was fine. She had all the docs in place and was all set. I asked fawdi to get a copy of her docs to her mom. She did not have one. I took the docs and went to make a copy
When making a copy, I saw the Visa stamped on her passport. It was an H4!! I could not believe it! I went straight to the Visa department and showed them the Visa telling them that this is an H4 instead of H1. The Visa guy promptly called fawdi and asked her to cancel the trip. He also mailed her project managers copying me that the trip had to be aborted.
With a BIG Smile on my face I went back to fawdis room. Her mom and dad and all her friends were there. Her taxi had come and she was waiting for the docs when the call came. I went to her, gave her the docs and promptly returned to my desk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AVL, had a old link sent by PC to her blog and checked it accidently the other day and you know what I found this!
Cool man...Was fun to read your story