Saturday, October 13, 2007

The story.. Part 14

We grabbed some food at a Kairali, a mallu restaurant near the railway station, and rushed to get the tickets. The train was already on the platform. The ladies coach was at the end. We walked at towards the coach. We got in and put her bags on a top berth. The thought that this is probably the last time I would see her came to my mind. My eyes became watery.. I told her I will go and get a bottle of water and went out. When I came back she was looking out of the window. I gave her the bottle and she starting playing with it.
No words..Then she looked up to me.. watery eyes..
still no words.. we were just looking at each other..
After sometime, we were both crying looking at each other.
"You go up on the berth and sleep there till your station comes"
"mmmm" she said.
"Okay I will go now, good night. Have a safe journey. Send me an sms when you reach there. Let me know if you need anything in the Pune.. And here is someone to take care of you" I handed chotu to her.
The whistle blew and train started moving. I said a final good bye, she said nothing. She looked out of the window till she could no longer see me. I looked at the train till it was out of sight.Thoughts in my mind, finally I had lost her. Now she would be not be returning back to mangalore. I took an auto and went back home.. This was the end of our friendship..

No comments: