Sunday, March 06, 2005

My first driving class

Finally a year and a half after I first resolved to join the Driving class.

Slept early yesterday at 10.30 (very early considering that it was a saturday night :)). Woke up at around 4 in the morning. Something strange.. Was not able to sleep properly. Was actually measuring how much the start that i was seeing out from the window was moving in a minute. As my mathematics is weak, Obviously i was not able todo that. What that did do was incude a peaceful sleep till 11 am. Woke up to find my roommate doing some serious coding!! Then we did some talking and agreed to go to office in another hour and a half (He is a perfect companion to go to office :)). Then the most unexpected thing happenned.

He got a call from the driving school saying that we can start the driving lessons from today and we have to be at the school in another 20 mins!!! Somehow we convinced the teacher that we can come there in half an hour. Just about up from sleep and going to the first driving class....
After a long time, i moved out of the house without a bath (Okay, I know you wont believe this, but i am having bath regularly since November 2004. Dont ask me the reason for this change. Those of you who know me well would know :)) Just walked down the road to our office discussing something about something ( I dont really remember. Have a small brain :))

After waiting for some time our Driving teacher came there with the car. I was literally dancing there to go for the ride first, to which the stunned teacher and my roommate agreed.

"You know how to ride a 2 wheeler? No
Okay lets start anyways....."

Teacher told me the basics controls of the car and asked me to start. For the next half an hour, he lost his peace of mind and his cool and his control of the car.

"Thoda left...
Foot on the accelarator...
Keep your hands still....
Turn with only one hand held on the steering...
A little slow...
Control your speed....
A little on the right...
Keep turning right....
Nooo dont turn now, go till the start of the turn...
No accelarator on the turn..."

A perfect newbie for driving as I am, I am perfectly out of sync of Speed and Direction. I could control only one at a time. Nearly bumped off a bus and was about to be down a hill. Fortunately the car used for driving has breaks and clutch on the teachers side too. This saved the day and I finished my first driving class. Then it was my roommates turn. He had very little issues as he was already experienced in 2 wheeler driving. He finished the lessson without any mishaps.
I planned to get the license soon. But with todays experience, It will be definitely ambitious to think something like that :))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what.. during the journey back was actually thinking.. when are you planning to start your driving lessons... jlt.. for no specific reason.. again a coincidence..:).. anyways its no big deal getting a licence... even i have it.. ;).. and driving is far much easier than managing your project.. at least a vehicle has pre-defined and fixed set of controls.. and it works the way it is expected to almost always..:)