Friday, November 02, 2007

Me Goes onsite!!

Sometime in november, my PM told me about an opportunity in US for long term, the role was that of a project manager. Preetis marriage was on December 14th and I did not want to travel before that. So it was decided that I will take a leave for the marriage and travel onsite after that directly from Mumbai. When I was in mumbai, I got a mail from a colleague who was also going with me that the project start was delayed. Fawdi was upset and I had a tough time making her stop crying. I had to go back to Mangalore. After reaching back, I was asked to travel to Bangalore for another 2 weeks for training. Travel was getting delayed and fawdi was getting more and more impatient.

Finally, the project start date was fixed and so was my travel date. I had got a long itinerary via Colombo-London-Washington-Charlotte. I did not tell fawdi that I was travelling that weekend. :) Had my roaming activated, fawdi called me when I was in colombo. Told her that I am at friends house and will call later. She got angry and disconnected. I finally called her up from london and told her that I was on my way to US. She immediately booked tickets for me to Phoenix for the next weekend. My college mate Rajkumar was also in Phoenix

No comments: