Sunday, December 02, 2007

Lump in the neck

When I was in mangalore before going for Preetis marriage, I had a swelling on my neck. The local doc gave me some antibiotics and it subsided. After reaching Charlotte, the swelling came back. This time it was bigger and more painful. I went to the doc there after coming back from Phoenix. He asked me to get a CT scan done. He could not make out much from that. So he asked me to get it removed. This would mean a big cut on the neck and atleast a week long bed rest. He asked if I had a family here. Though I had lots of friends there, I needed to have someone who would be there with me for the whole day. I initially planned to go back to India and get it done there. Fawdi was the only one whom I could look to in the US.

Fawdi managed to take some leaves and came to charlotte for my operation. All my friends, Arun, Harsh, Sandy, Meghana, Sriram and the ever helpful Gopal, helped me a lot during this time. Fawdi stayed with Meghana. On the day of the operation, fawdi looked more tense than me. Dont remember much of that day as I was on anasthesia and was drowsy. Gopal took me back home and fawdi took good care of me in the next 5 days. She also talked to my parents at home and assured them that everything was fine. This was when the Orange went to green at my place

The surgeon took out the swollen tissue and gave that for culture to check the cause.

No comments: