Sunday, December 02, 2007

Fawdis dad agrees!

After a month long vacation and trying my level best to convince fawdi I joined back in Bangalore. I was still talking to fawdi and trying to convince her that we will be together soon. She felt otherwise. My project was getting over and I had a chance of going onsite.

One morning, she called me and said that her dad had asked her to call, and she thought perhaps he had finalised something. I told her to call me back with whatever her dad says. She did. She was not able to speak properly
"He said yes!!"
"What?"
"He said yes, anu!"
"What yes?"
"He said yes to us!"
"Calm down fawdi. I am not able understand what you are saying"
"Anu..." (sob.. sob..) "Anu..."
"Dont cry fawdi, tell me what happenned"
"Anu, I talked with dad. He said if this is what you want. So it be! We will get you married!"
I froze!
"Anu... Anu.. Are you there? I am not able to control my happiness"
Still frozen
"He said, I liked Anand, but my only issue was how will I adjust and how will they tell the relatives. But if this is what I wanted, then he is ready to get us married"
I still dont remember what I said to fawdi that day, But it seemed like I was floating in a sea of happiness

No comments: