Sunday, December 12, 2004

Brain waves...

Whole week spent in doing almost nothing. Had some good food. Actually a record of sorts after coming to Basel. Had lunch and dinner for all the days in the week :)
Then had some good discussion with one of my friends. Discussed some things about me very few do actually know. Also had a trip to Baden-Baden in Germany. Pretty good town but bad weather, did not do anything interesting there.
Was just thinking of good old days in my previous company and in EnR, when responsibilities were few and I had some time for myself. Not that there was no work there, had loads of it and much more complex to do that what I am doing here, but there was one factor which is missing now and was very much there. SATISFACTION! Am having a very good exposure of the pressures one can be in, in a company like I am in (you know which :)). But I am not having the satisfaction of doing anything good. This is like having a pot full of holes and plugging it. Each time you plug one, some other opens up. Just fed up of doing this for over one year. Worst part is no point in even trying to improve anything over as I know this is how the company works, this is its proven Business Model, unrivalled by anyone in the industry. Maximum I can do is just get out of here.
Planning to do that soon :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not know much about the company to criticize the way it works. But I know that your dream and mind is somewhere else where you will surely find the SATISFACTION which is missing now. What you can do now is to work towards realizing your dream. I know you have started working on that. Just forget everything else. Stick to your decision and your future plans. All the best.:)
About having food properly… Am surprised!! And confused too!!