Monday, December 06, 2004

Working and tensions

Am always used to take the tensions arising out of my work into my life and have a miserable life. Had a good experience yesterday night. I slept early yesterday. One of our servers was not responding. Karthic called me up at around 23:45. Asked me if I can restart the server or call L2 support for getting this done. I was so sleepy that I flatly refused saying offshore would do it anyways in the morning. This was conveyed to my Manager immediately who called me in a matter of 10 mins. He called me back requesting me to go to office. He got the same reply again. And I slept peacefully.

Only when I woke up I realised that this would make my life miserable today. But i decided not to take any tensions today. Came coolly to office. The server crashed today morning. after restart more than half of the programs are not working correctly. Very high escalations going around. Somehow I am very relaxed today.

This seems just the way I look at it. I can take tensions from my work or not worry about anything. The choice is mine. And I am learning the better way of doing it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was really daring . said no to the big boss.. did not expect this from you. nyways good. keep it up.

Anonymous said...

You did it!! :)