Sunday, December 05, 2004

First day.

Just thought I should write something about something. What best topics can I get other than me myself :) My going offshore seems to have extended by another month and a half. Am actually getting some good appraisals from the client and also from the Managers of other teams.
After Kalyani(another PA) joining here I hope my workload will be further reduced. This would enable me to work sometime for my development. Planning to get a laptop for myself here.
Am downloading all the SDK needed for windows development now.
Just a thought.. are laptops in India cheaper than say Switzerland, Europe and US?
And are the latest models available? Am finding difficult to get AMD based Laptops. Are they good? Seems a bit cheaper than the Intel ones. Intel has some good processors for laptops like Mobile and Centrino, Dont know if they are one and the same thing.
On the home front, Am planning to take a home loan when I am back to India. This would help in getting some tax benefits and also allow me to settle down faster if need arises.
Being here for some more time allows me to save a bit more than what i initially expected and also save something after my parents trip here and the investment in home.

No comments: