Saturday, December 18, 2004

Thoughts...

Got a laptop! I think it was real cheap. But only problem is that th keyboard and the operating system are in Deutsch. Not a real problem if I really want to work it out. I can just uninstall the one I have now and install the English one. But that would take some time.

After having the laptop, now I would like to have some time for myself and do some development for myself. Would like to learn something new and brush up system programming again.

Sometimes I think.. Did I make a good decision when I came over to the company I am working for now? Considering the fact that I am not working on a similar technology, I think it was a total waste coming over here. Though I got some good hands-on on the Client Handling and handling pressure situations, this is not what I came here for. Wanted to learn some processes and ways of handling a big project. Handling Big projects in a most unorganised way is what I am doing here. Seems I will have to live this for some time now.

My plans of going back to India are not yet fixed, I would have liked to be there by the End of December, when all my friends in US would be travelling back. But now that is unlikely. Next likely date is only End of Jan. Lets see when I can actually reach there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should not be thinking that you wasted time here. Learning is of some worth in whatever form it is. According to me, you have acquired the maximum one can expect from a company like yours in 2 years after joining as a fresher. I guess you have got a very good exposure to all aspects of running a project. At least you learned what all mistakes can happen on handling a big project. And also you could gather something to start working on your own dream. What I think is that the stars are just in the right position for you providing you with all that you need. What say?