Sunday, May 15, 2005

The story.. Part 2

But that was not what was suppossed to be..
We were still in contact. Not talking directly though. I was in a secure zone with very little time to roam around and she was not allowed to enter the zone. We used to write mails first. Then started the intranet chat. Finally came to sending sms. The foundations of friendship were being laid.
If you people know me, you would agree with me that I am a pretty brainless entity talking anything to anyone i know more than 10 mins. (Okay those who dont agree can send me mails later ;)) So we continued talking even after not seeing each other for days together. One day got a mail from her saying that she was going to her home to meet her friend (school friend I guess) on a weekend. (Its usual for truck loads of malayalees here to go home on weekends!) I wished her a happy journey and a good stay at home. When she came back she told me something which I would not expect her to tell someone like me (I mean, we were not very close friends yet!) She told me that she cried a lot and was still feeling sad. Seems this was the last time she would see her friend. I tried to console her. And I did that successfully. Though this incident in itself does not have any significance, this was the first time she had told me that she cried. And I did not like that...
From that day on, I was more free when talking to her. We were becoming closer friends. I would not still call her my best friends, but a very good friend. Someone who trusted me...
Then again... as this friendship was starting to take off...
Her project mate was to be released for training. She was suppossed to take care of the whole support. This meant she would have lesser time. I was suppossed to go to Basel, switzerland for a 4 month long assignment. I thought this was end of it... We will not be able to maintain contact now...

No comments: