Saturday, May 21, 2005

The story.. Part 9

I wanted to come back for another major reason. While at onsite there was no training. I was not gaining any technical knowledge. Not that I was not learning something. I was learning something that many dont get chance to do in early stages of career, Client interaction. Understanding the client needs, and proposing solutions. Won many accolades for that. But I will take that later, in some other blog :)
I talked to my project manager saying that I am tired of working on the same thing again and again and wanted some role change, more client interaction, more into consulting. About my project manager, the less I talk about his managing abilities the better, but he was always good to me. Knowing fully well that Miss K was waiting to come onsite, I asked him to send me offshore. (How my coming offshore would help me getting more client interaction is topic of another blog :)) As expected, he said that was on the cards and there would be a rotation soon. A lousy reason as it sounded to me, This was fine with me. Soon Miss K was at onsite and me giving her basics of the projects I handled. Soon my date of going back was fixed to Feb 4th
All this while I continued to talk with fawdi, But I was still not sure if I would meet again....Since there were new and better proposals coming up for her....

No comments: