Friday, May 20, 2005

The story.. Part 8

I hoped to travel back by end of December. But then it got extended. Meanwhile her parents consulted some astrologer. It was predicted that she should get married by October 2005 or else she would not be marrying for the next 2 years. Search started for a groom with greater intensity. She used to go home every weekend for interviews. I used to tease her a lot those days with names of all the people who used to come to meet her. Back of my mind the thought that I will not be able to see her again... I had updates about each of her interviews, we used to chat when she used to go home too, for hours. Soon I was a known name to her parents.
Meanwhile on the projects front we had a major relase in the month of Jan. This freed a lot of resources onsite. Also there was no major project coming up. There were some projects going on, but nothing that could last for more than 2 months. I saw my chance of going back.
One of my friends in NonSAP project in Basel wanted his wife to be onsite. He was an important member in the team. He had to be onsite. He simply refused to be onsite if his wife is not there. He had her inducted into our team due to her J2EE background. He also got assurance from Account manager that she would be the next one to come onsite. But the next project was nowhere to be seen. She had to wait....

No comments: