Monday, May 16, 2005

The story.. Part 4

My project started getting more and more critical. I had to do nightouts. On the other side her project also had serious delivery lapses. She also used to do nightouts. We would talk to each other ocassionaly in the night. Relaxing a bit after long working hours. I got a mobile there and we used to send messages to each other. Even if it was very costly for her to send international SMS. We also used to chat on Yahoo messenger on weekends.
Finally the critical project reached a stable state. As Piyush began to handle the project more and more independently, I was moved to new project. She was also moved out to another project. Our friendship which had by now taken firm grounds continued to grow.
Slowly the number of people in Basel from our team grew. At one time there were 7 of us youngsters there. (Okay 6 if you dont count me as youngster ;)) We used to roam around on the weekends. On one weekend we went to mount Titlis for a trip. Binoy and me were sitting on one side of the train near the window. I happenned to get her sms at that time. Binoy snatched the phone from me and saw it. It was nothing but a Missing you sms. Not that Binoy was not aware of this. He immediately cautioned me that this friendship could easily turn painful. More so for her. I was not thinking of that till that point of time. Dont get involved too much was what he said.
Coming back to Basel, I dashed off a mail to her. She was at her home at that time. I told her what Binoy said and adviced her not to get involved too much. Not expecting a reply at that time I slept. Checking my mails in the morning I found a mail from her. The phrase that caught my attention was "its already late". I went numb and tense. Did not know even what to think...

No comments: