Sunday, May 15, 2005

The story.. Part 3

You guessed it right... Otherwise there would not be this story let alone the part 3 :)
We still used to send mails to each other. Frequency was reduced to only one or two a day now. I was getting busy with my activities (Was my first client interaction!!). She also got busy in the project.
My stay in Basel seemed to extend for more than 6 months. We got a project, a huge one. We were to staff more people in the project. I would be leading the same with around 25 people offshore. For those who dont know, My previous company had 17 people including the chai wala. I was all excited and tensed. I did not want to mess this up. I hoped that she got into our project. She was in a different project and was the lone person there.
Then something happenned. Now it seems all was preplanned :) The project she was working got scraped and I was able to talk to my manager and get her blocked before any other projects could pick her up. Not that there were many other projects anyways :) So finally she was in to our project. We initiated the project. This was going to be the biggest project we had undertaken and I needed help in this. Piyush came onsite to help me out. I was leading the project from onsite and with her being the lead developer offshore. We continued to exchange mails. Frequency increased to 5-10 mails (Not official okay :)) with occassional calls.
Again as time would have it, There came another project. High profile. Fully taken up onsite. No one else was there who could take that. I was pulled out of the current project and asked to take the high risk one. :( Was busy again. No time to mail and talk. She continued to be in touch anyways. And now I realise how important keeping in touch at that point was...

No comments: